Thai Pepper Keang Nia
It is time-consuming, make the sauce several hours, or even the day ahead, and re warm slowly over low heat.
• 8oz center-cut Filet mignon steaks.
• Salt and fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
• 1 tablespoon melted butter Masaman Sauce (recipe given)
• 2 avocados (Hass recommended), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
• 16 asparagus spears, cooked
• 8 chunks cooked sweet potatoes, about 2 inches in size
• 16 baby Portobello mushrooms, briefly sautéed
• 2 tablespoons chopped Thai basil*
Preheat broiler. Sprinkle steaks lightly on both sides with salt and pepper and brush both sides with melted butter. Broil about 4 inches from heat about 6 minutes on each side or until cooked as desired.
To serve, place a steak on each of 4 warm serving plates. Heat.sauce, and adding avocados, asparagus, sweet potatoes and mushrooms. Divide mixture over steaks and garnish with fresh Thai basil. Makes 4 servings.
Pre serving : 861 calories, 64 percent calories from fat, 61 grams total fat, 104 milligrams cholesterol, 32 grams protein, 46 grams carbohydrates, 12 grams total fiber, 410 milligrams sodium. *Available in Asian markets.